Friday, March 25, 2011

My little artist

 

Benson has been a handful lately...ok, his whole life. So, we have gotten used to him and know when to cut him off at the pass- usually. I try to put up all the magic markers, and that works until the older kids get them down to label something and don't put them away. I have a padlock on the fridge in the garage to try and keep from eating 8 yogurts or a 12 pack of soda before anyone else gets any. In any case, he is pretty clever and has managed to get into things even with my preventative measures.

So last night, when I got home from school at about 9:30 pm (way pas the 8 pm bedtime) all was quiet and I assumed that everyone was in bed asleep. That's what I get for assuming. Benson came waltzing down while I was talking to Chris, completely naked and his face was decorated with purple marker. I tried to supress my laughter while asking him what he was doing. His reply was the usual: "I don't know." So, I took him by the hand and led him up to his room to get dressed for bed. I was kind of wondering what else the marker had gone, knowing Benson is an all or nothing kind of kid. I was asking him where else he had colored, noting the bookshelf was decorated. Then I saw Alex, asleep in bed and Benson looking very sheepish.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: